Presenter Information for the 5th Foresight
Conference on MNT
Preliminary Draft, November25, 1996
Abstracts of Conference Presentations
- Abstracts should list the names and affiliations of all
- Submissions must include information on the contact
person for the paper: name, full work address (including
street address for express delivery), fax number, and
e-mail address. Authors not wishing specific information
to appear on the abstract posted on the Web should
indicate clearly which information they do not wish to
- Links to the web pages of authors and their institutions
- A sample
abstract from the 4th Foresight Conference
- For additional guides to style, see the section below on
of full papers for the conference.
An html template (draft)
for preparing an abstract
- Use the "Save as Source" or "Save as HTML
Source" (as opposed to the "Save as Text")
function of your browser to save a copy of the above
template to your hard disk.
- Open and add your text to the template using the text
editor of your choice.
- Enter the title of the abstract, authors names and
affiliations, addresses, etc. where indicated.
- Enter one or more paragraphs of description of the work
to be presented. There is no size limitation for the
abstract, although it is recommended that the abstract
present about one screen-full of information.
- Authors may, if they wish, include references and
hypertext links for relevant web pages.
- Authors need not make entries in the header and footer
sections, contained between the comment tags [for
example, <!-- this is the beginning of the header
- The abstract should be saved as a text file and and
submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparation of Conference Papers
- A white background is required.
- The name, affiliation, address, e-mail and web page
are all desired.
- A link to the main conference page is required.
- The article can be made available on any web server
that the author desires. Many authors will choose to
have Foresight make the article available on the
Foresight web server, but this is not required.
- Some care in using HTML features is suggested. If new
or unusual features are used which might not be
supported (or, even worse, might result in
misinterpretations) by older browsers or text-only
browsers (such as lynx), then an appropriate warning
should be included at the beginning of the article.
WARNING: This page uses the <sup> and
<sub> convention for superscripts and
subscripts. If "103" is the same
as "103" then your browser does not support
superscripts. If "xi" is the
same as "xi" then your browser does not
support subscripts. Failure to support superscripts
or subscripts can lead to confusion in the following
text, particularly in interpreting exponents.
Submission of Papers
Papers should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Figures should be submitted as attached GIF or JPEG files; html
should be sent as an attached text document (alternatively it may
be included in the body of the email message). Files can also be
sent as standard attached compressed archives (such as .sit or