Presenter Information for the 6th Foresight
Conference on MNT
Preliminary Draft, April 30, 1998
Abstracts of Conference Presentations
- Abstracts should list the names and affiliations of all
- Submissions must include information on the contact
person for the paper: name, full work address (including
street address for express delivery), fax number, and
e-mail address. Authors not wishing specific information
to appear on the abstract posted on the Web should
indicate clearly which information they do not wish to
- Links to the web pages of authors and their institutions
- A sample
abstract from the 5th Foresight Conference. Note that this year authors are encouraged to submit extended abstracts of 1 to 4 pages in length, and to include data.
- Data may be in the form of html tables, or illustrations in GIF, JPEG or MPEG format. Equations requiring symbols for which html entities do not exist should also be submitted as GIF or JPEG illustrations.
- For additional guides to style, see the section below on
of full papers for the conference.
An html template (draft)
for preparing an abstract
- Use the "Save as Source" or "Save as HTML
Source" (as opposed to the "Save as Text")
function of your browser to save a copy of the above
template to your hard disk.
- Open and add your text to the template using the text
editor of your choice.
- Enter the title of the abstract, authors names and
affiliations, addresses, etc. where indicated.
- Enter one to four pages of description of the work
to be presented, links to any figures, etc.
- Authors may, if they wish, include references and
hypertext links for relevant web pages.
- The abstract should be saved as a text file and, along with any associated GIF or JPEG files, be submitted as attachments to e-mail to all three of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Avoid sending compressed file archives since these often present problems with cross-platform compatibility.
Preparation of Conference Papers
- A white background is required.
- The name, affiliation, address, e-mail and web page
are all desired.
- A link to the main conference page is required.
- The article can be made available on any web server
that the author desires. Many authors will choose to
have Foresight make the article available on the
Foresight web server, but this is not required.
- The Harvard alphabetical system is preferred for
references (see IOP's "Notes for Authors"
- SI units are mandatory. When non-SI units are common
in the particular area the paper is addressing they
can be included in parenthesis after the SI units,
e.g., "The bond strength is 0.3 aJ (43
kcal/mole)." (Note that "aJ" is one
atto joule, or 10-18 joules). See
"Constants and conversion factors useful in
nanotechnology" at http://nano.xerox.com/nanotech/constants.html
for further information on conversion factors.
- In other areas, follow the "Notes
for Authors" provided by IOP.
- A sample
full paper from the 4th Foresight Conference
Submission of Papers
Papers should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Figures should be submitted as attached GIF or JPEG files; html
should be sent as an attached text file. Avoid sending compressed file archives since these often present problems with cross-platform compatibility.