Sixth Foresight Conference on Molecular
(after keynote, arranged alphabetically by corresponding author)
- Agarwal, Gunjan and Ratna S. Phadke: "Laser Assisted Deposition Of Bacteriorhodhopsin Assemblies"
- Akeson, Mark, Daniel Branton, John J. Kasianowicz, Eric Brandin, and David W. Deamer: "Use of a Single Nanometer-Scale Pore to Rapidly Examine Individual DNA or RNA Strands"
- Ausman, Kevin D., Mead M. Jordan, Henry W. Rohrs, MinFeng Yu, Rod S. Ruoff: "Nanostressing and Mechanochemistry"
- Beaucage, Greg, S. E. Pratsinis, and J. E. Mark: "Nano-Springs for Elastomer Reinforcement"
- Ben-Jacob, Eshel, Z. Hermon and S. Caspi: "DNA-Nanoelectronics: Realization of a Single Electron Tunneling Transistor and a Quantum Bit Element"
- Bergkvist, Magnus, Jan Carlsson, and Sven Oscarsson: "Orientation of Transferrin Molecules on Mica and Amino-derivatized Mica Studied with SPM Using Sugar Specific Lectins"
- Block, Steven M.: "Using Optical Tweezers to Study Biological Motors"
- J.D. Schall, P.M. Linehan, S.-J. Frankland, O.A. Shenderova and Brenner, D.W.: "Predictions of Structural, Electronic and Electrical Properties of Strained Fullerene Nanotubules: Implications for Nanoscale Device Design"
- Cagin, Tahir, Jianwei Che, Micheal N. Gardos, and William A. Goddard, III: " Simulation and Analysis of Experiments on Friction and Wear of Diamond: A Material for MEMS and NEMS Applications"
- Cagin, Tahir, Donald Tomalia, William A. Goddard, III: "Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Dendrimers with Encapsulated Metals"
- Jean-Marc Bonard, Thomas Stockli, Jean-Paul Salvetat, Laszlo Forro, and Chatelain, Andre: "Why are Carbon Nanotubes Such Excellent Field Emitters?"
- Che, Jianwei, Tahir Cagin, William A. Goddard, III: "Studies of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes by an Extended Bond Order Potential"
- Dekker, Cees: "Carbon nanotubes as molecular quantum wires"
- D. Croft, S. Stilson, and Devasia, Santosh: "Optimal Tracking of Piezo-based Nano-positioners"
- Di Ventra, Max, S.T. Pantelides, and N.D. Lang: "Ab-Initio simulation of molecular devices"
- Drexler, K. Eric: "Molecular Manufacturing and Technology Policy: Reframing the Big Issues"
- Dudziak, Martin, Andre Chervonenkis, Vladimir Chinarov: "An Adaptive Magneto-Optic thin-Film Based Architecture for Producing Self-Structuring Sensing and recognition Devices"
- Dzegilenko, Fedor N., Deepak Srivastava, and Subhash Saini: "Nanoscale Etching and Identation of Silicon (100) Surface with Carbon Nanotubes"
- Ellenbogen, James C.: "Architectures for Molecular Electronic Computer Logic"
- El-Shall, M. Samy: "Synthesis of semiconductor and metal oxide nanoparticles by laser vaporization-controlled condensation techniques"
- Emberly, Eldon and George Kirczenow: "Electrical Conductance of Molecular Wires"
- Ernst, Karl-Heinz, M. Böhringer, A. Cossy-Gantner, C.F. McFadden, U. Müller, U. Ellerbeck: "Nanostructured Chiral Surfaces"
- Erokhin, Victor, Sergio Paddeu, Cristina Paternolli, Alberto Leotti, and Claudio Nicolini: "Semiconductor Nanostructure Prepared from Langmuir-Blodgett Organic Precursors"
- Fritzsche, Wolfgang, Remo Kirsch, Konrad J. Böhm, Eberhard Unger, Thomas Wagner, Michael Mertig, J. Michael Köhler: "Electrical Characterization of Nanowires Created by Metallization of a Biological Template"
- Ghadiri, M. Reza: "Molecular Self-Assembly, Self-Organization, and Self-Replication"
- Globus, Al, John Lawton, and Todd Wipke: "Automatic molecular design using evolutionary techniques"
- Greenbaum, E., I. Lee, and J. W. Lee: "Biomolecular Optoelectronics"
- Gröning, Oliver, P. Gröning,
O.M. Küttel, and L. Schlapbach: "Nanocarbon thin films for vacuum microelectronics"
- Hall, J. Storrs: "Architectural Considerations for Self-replicating Manufacturing Systems"
- Handel, Peter H.: "Quantum 1/f Effect in Semiconductor and Magnetic Structures with Nanoscale Dimensions"
- Haruyama, Junji: "Coulomb Blockade and Novel Conductance Quantization Related to 1D Electron-electron Interaction in Nano-Porus Alumina film"
- Heller, Michael J., Carl Edman, and Sadik Esener: "Electric Field Assisted Self-assembly of DNA Structures: A Potential Nanofabrication Technology"
- Hogg, Tad: "Robust Self-assembly Using Highly Designable Structures"
- Hutchison, James E., S. M. Reed, L. O. Brown, J. L. Mooster, L. Clarke and M. N. Wybourne: "Assembling Nanoelectronic Structures from Biomolecular Templates and Chemically Modified Nanoparticles"
- Iijima, Sumio: "Growth of curved graphenes"
- Ishida, Akito and Tetsuro Majima: "Surface Plasmon Excitation of Porphyrin Self-assembly Monolayers on a Gold Surface"
- Ivanova, Yelena A. and Margarita N.Tsvetkova: "Atom-Molecular Constructing of Glass Microspheres Surface"
- Xiao-Yan Chen, Jin-Ru Li, Shi-Jin Pang, An-le Shen, and Jiang, Long: "Construction of Ordered Atomic Monolayer of Gold Under Hydrophilic Surface of Polydiacetylenic Acid Monolayer"
- Kan, Edwin C. and Zengtao Liu: "Self-assembled Nano-particles as Electronic Devices"
- Kiang, Ching-Hwa: "Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes: From Discovery to Application"
- Knoch, Tobias A., Christian Münkel and Jörg Langowski: "New Three-dimensional Organization of Chromosome Territories and the Human Cell Nucleus: About the Structure of a Self-replicating Nano Fabrication Site"
- Koruga, Djuro: "From Natural to Artificial Molecular Machines"
- Krecmer, Pavel, A. M. Moulin, M. E. Welland, and S. R. Elliott: "Polarized-light Optical Actuation: a New Way to a Molecular Assembler"
- Krieger, Juri H.: "Physical Principle of Functioning Molecular Electronic Devices Based on Structural Instability of Low-dimensional System"
- S.B. Vaschenko, S.V. Trybin, N.F Yudanov, Krieger, Juri H., V.V. Shelkovnikov, and V.V. Rysskikh: "Electrical Field Molecular Transistors"
- Krieger, Juri H., S.B. Vaschenko, and N.F Yudanov: "Molecular analogue Memory Cell"
- Linhardt, Jeffrey, H. Bowman, E. Evans, D. A. Tirrell: "Application of Giant Unilameller Vesicles as Templates for conducting Nanostructures"
- Lohn, Jason, Gary L. Haith, and Silvano P. Colombano: "Two Electromechanical Models of Self-Assembly"
- Lu, Xuekun, Minfeng Yu, and Rodney S. Ruoff: "Tailoring Graphene Sheets"
- Lux, Renate, and Shahid Khan: "Construction Blueprint of a Biomolecular Rotary Motor"
- McCluskey, Peter C.: "Molecular Specification via a Simple Scripting Language"
- McKendree, Tom: "Closed-Environment Life Support Through Molecular Manufacturing"
- Mehra, Rajesh: "Biomolecularly-capped Uniformly-sized Nanocrystalline Materials"
- Menon, Madhu: "Generalized tight-binding molecular dynamics study of novel forms of Si, C and SiC systems"
- Merkle, Ralph: "Casing an assembler"
- Mitas, Lubos: "Electronic Structure by Quantum Monte Carlo Methods"
- Montemagno, Carlo: "Constructing Biological Motor Powered Nanomechanical Devices"
- Nicolini, Claudio, Alessandro Vinciarelli, Victor Sivozhelezov: "Towards Computational Nanotechnology Based on Protein Automata"
- Pierson, David, C. Richardson and B. I. Yakobson: "Symmetry-dependent Strength of Carbon Nanotubes"
- Pratsinis, Sotiris E.: "Precision Systhesis of Nano Particles in Flame Aerosol Reactors"
- Priyadarshy, Satyam: "DNA a Nanowire: Reality or Myth"
- Reed, Mark: "Molecular Scale Electronic Devices and Systems"
- Reiss, Guenter, Th. Mühl, H. Brückl, D. Kraut, and J. Kretz: "Nano-Lithography of Metal Films Using AFM-Patterned Carbon Resist Masks"
- C. Baur, A. Bugacov, B. E. Koel, A. Madhukar, N. Montoya, T. R. Ramachandran, Requicha, A. A. G., R. Resch, and P. Will: "Nanoparticle Manipulation by Mechanical Pushing"
- James A. Gurney, Rietman, Edward A., Matthew A. Marcus, and Mark P. Andrews: "Steps Towards Heuristic Design at the Molecular-Scale"
- Robson, Barry: "Pseudoproteins: Non-Protein Protein-like Machines"
- Rudnicki, Witold, Grzegorz Bakalarski and Bogdan Lesyng: "Towards Long Time-scale Molecular Dynamics"
- Runge, Keith, Bobby Sumpter, Donald W. Noid, Michael D. Barnes: "Quantum Drops"
- Runge, Keith, Bobby Sumpter, Donald W. Noid, Stephen K. Gray: "Electron Transport Along a Nanowire"
- Runge, Keith, Robert E. Tuzun, Donald W. Noid, and Bobby Sumpter: "Shock and Pressure Wave Propagation in Nano-fluidic systems"
- Singletary, Michael: "Medical Applications of Nanotechnology"
- Sinnott, Susan B., Ajay Garg, and Zugang Mao: "Molecular Dynamics Simulations of the Filling and Decoration of Carbon Nanotubules"
- Srivastava, Deepak, and Madhu Menon: "CxByNz Nanotube based Molecular Electro-mechanical System Components"
- Tamulis, Arvydas, J. Tamuliene, M. L. Balevicius, V. Tamulis, Z. Rinkevicius: "Design of Basic Elements of Molecular computing Devices Based on Quantum Mechanical Investigations of Photoactive Organic and Fullerene Molecules, Supermolecules and Supramolecules"
- Taylor, Helen C., and Michael E.J. Holwill: "Axonemal Dynein -- a Natural Molecular Motor"
- James von Ehr, Tuzun, Robert E., Donald W. Noid, Bobby G. Sumpter: "Induced Motion of Polymer Chains on Surfaces"
- W. Vater, R. Stracke, K.J. Böhm, C. Speicher, P. Weber, Unger, Eberhard: "Behavior of Individual Microtubules and Microtubule Bundles in Electric Fields"
- Vercoutere, Wenonah, Pierre-Alain Monnard, and David Deamer: " Engineering a Replicating System in a Microscopic Bioreactor"
- M.A.Ananyan, V.P.Bykov, P.N.Luskinovich, Vinogradov, George A.: "Local Photochemical Reactions Controlled by Tunable Lasers"
- Vo-Dinh, Tuan, G.D. Griffin, J. P. Alarie, D. W. Noid, B. G. Sumpter, K. Runge, A. Akerman, and M. Simpson: "Advanced Nanosensors and Nanoprobes"
- John R. Dennis, Jonathan Howard and Vogel, Viola: "Guiding Molecular Shuttles by Nanoscale Surface Topologies"
- Walch, Stephen, William A Goddard III, and Tahir Cagin: "Computational Studies of the Interaction of H/H2 with Diamond and Silicon Surfaces"
- Watanabe, Fumiya, Makoto Arita, Teruaki Motooka, Ken Okano, Takatoshi Yamada: "Diamond Tip Arrays for Parallel Processing of Microelectromechanical Systems"
- Weick, Manfred: "Fifty Years After Claude Shannon: How the Path from Micro- to Molecular Electronics is being determined by Biology, Information Technology, Computer Architecture, Materials and Applications"
- Wipke, Todd and Richard McClellan: "Designing Simple Molecular Objects: Pincers, Calipers, and Clips"
- Yamada, Toshishige: "Substrate Effects on Electronic Properties of Adatom Chains"
- Yu, Min Feng, Mark J. Dyer, Henry Rohrs, XueKun Lu, Kevin Ausman, Jim Von Ehr, Rodney S. Ruoff: "Manipulation of Carbon Nanotubes Using Scanning Probe Microscopes"
- Zhang, Jin Z.: "Femtosecond Studies of Charge Carrier dynamics in Semiconductor Nano-particles: Effects of Size, Shape and Surface"
Foresight materials on the Web
are ©1986-1999 Foresight Institute. All rights reserved.
Last updated 29March1999. The URL of this document is:
Send requests for information about Foresight Institute
activities and membership to email@example.com.
Send comments and questions about material on this web site and
reports of errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.