Foresight is happy to congratulate our Director of Operations, Faisal Ahmed, on successful admittance to law school. Faisal will be with us as he transitions to a new schedule over the next month, but this also means Foresight has two positions open for immediate hire at our Menlo Park, California office.
Inspired by emerging technologies? Local? Responsible, organized, meticulous about detail? Come help us try to change the world.
1) Office Manager/Coordinator:
The person who fills this crucial role will be involved in day-to-day operations and administrative tasks related to the Institute, including:
- mail and office maintenance
- bookkeeping and database support
- answering and making outbound calls
- event and program coordination
Friendly, energetic yet even-keeled individuals with meticulous attention to detail and excellent verbal/written communication skills are encouraged to apply. Special bonus if you have Quickbooks experience, and/or you think you would enjoy reaching out to interact professionally and personally with Institute supporters during fundraising season.
2) Operations Management:
This roles specializes in program/project management and finance. This person is the operational ‘right-hand’ of Foresight’s directors and president, someone dedicated to helping us translate our vision of transformative nanotechnology into solid, objectively successful results.
Major responsibilities include:
- management and effective execution of Foresight programs, projects and special events (including conferences, lecture dinners, prizes and more)
- strategic financial projection, planning and analysis (Quickbooks+)
- overseeing and streamlining all organizational operations, including HR management, bookkeeping, accounting, and website/database enhancements (IT management experience a plus)
- recruiting and managing personnel as appropriate
This role requires an exceptional balance of solidarity and adaptability: someone who won’t just endure, but who will take great pleasure in building and streamlining truly effective infrastructure for a small, spunky non-profit in the process of updating itself.
Both positions are:
- flexible, with potential for part-time telecommuting
- part-time contracts to start, but for the right person can evolve into full-time employment with insurance coverage; may also be filled together by one exceptional person
- ideally filled by candidates who are deeply passionate about Foresight’s vision of transformative nanotechnology
- crucially important to supporting our cause!
To apply, please send a resume and a brief statement of interest to [email protected].