What is one thing that this group can do for you and what would help?
- You can buy the test, which is available either through glycanage.com web shop, or a network of providers and partners.
- We are also highly interested in collaborating with people either doing research or doing commercial partnership to expand our coverage (right now we are mainly in the UK, but are looking to expand into other countries, especially the US), or to just use it in their clinics or other anti-aging efforts.
Estrogen data: does that mean that hormones are not beneficial in women with already old glycan age? If so, could you use it for triaging in deciding who should take HRT?
- So far we haven’t done many studies on actual menopause, but it seems that most women react to estrogen by reduction in GlycanAge. We are doing a study in one clinic in the UK, and are interested in more. We’ve seen drops in GlycanAge by a decade or more in a few years, so we are interested in improving glycanage.
I am involved in a project that involves Adaptive Immune Receptor Repertoire (AIRR) sequencing of autoimmune disease patients with antigen-stimulation of primary cells. Do you think IG glycation can be used together with immune repertoires?
- It is challenging since it is not possible to analyze glycans on a single cell level yet, but we’re getting there. One of the key questions is when is the glycosylation defined. But it is not that much related to aging. It is a relevant immune question though.
What is the glycosylation status of therapeutic antibodies?
- Some research was blocked earlier by NIH, now it is a big focus in biopharma. But we still don’t know which are the proper ones. Just the blocking antibody. It is a focus of the pharma industry.
In the long term, what are your thoughts on what will be the sampling frequency of tracking? Once a year, once a month?
- What we do at the moment is for people with good glycanage, we recommend 1 year, for people doing interventions roughly 2 months, because they change in around a month or two usually. With some more acute infections like covid, it can change more quickly. We have to accumulate much more data before we can confidently say.