VitaDAO is an organization dedicated to funding research into human longevity.
VitaDAO’s mission is to extend health span and lifespan. The focus is to attract researchers, post docs, crypto engineers and tokenomics experts to build a community around this achieving this goal.
The VitaDAO ecosystem
- Members can get a stake in the DAO by contribute funding or work
- Labs can get a stake by doing work or donating materials
- Grant-writers, governments, individuals can get a stake by providing funding
- The secret sauce: VitaDAO team is building a way to attach Intellectual property to NFTs, allowing real world assets to be held on-chain.
- Researchers can make proposals to submit projects and get funding
- The IP is given to VitaDAO which then commercializes the assets by licensing and monetizing assets like datasets on markets like OceanMarketplace
Crypto and longevity are both high risk fields, dismissed by insider institutions, and so are well-suited to be brought together to further common goals.
VitaDAO is aiming to create a funding ecosystem that can provide grants to the tune of $500K to $1 million in just 2-3 weeks, faster than existing funding pipelines. As research is funded and completed, intellectual property from the work will accrue to the DAO, which can then leverage it to generate revenues that are in turn used to reward and compensate DAO members for their contributions.
The DAO itself if a custom framework based on the MolochDAO V3 project and the tokenized intellectual property framework is being developed in-house. It consists of Members (the token holders) and several working groups compensated by the DAO treasury: Legal, technical, governance, tokenomics, awareness, ops, and longevity.
The VitaDAO pilot project: Danish health ministry data has been used to identify a number of compounds that may contribute to increased health and lifespans, and the first funded project will be to take the 3 most promising compounds and organize targeted trials around them.